Sound and Vibration Quality and Target Development
- Establish objective sound and vibration quality targets which correlate to end-user subjective preferences
- Help customers develop more representative pass/fail criteria, and incorporate these new targets in their manufacturing process taking the guesswork out of subjective sound quality specifications
Vehicle NVH Integration
- Benchmarking activities to aid in vehicle-level target setting, along with cascading of targets down to the system and component-level.
- Optimize various systems for both acoustic and structural inputs, induction system development to achieve the desired sound quality performance, acoustic package development to achieve vehicle targets, and support to engine calibration teams to optimize NVH performance.
- Support through until launch, including key management driving evaluations and press events.
Optimize Noise and Vibration Procedures
- Develop simplified procedures to estimate contributions for a customer’s NV target from different sources and paths
- Bridge the gap between test and CAE data to help customers improve the efficiency of the product development and improvement cycle
Standardized Test Customization
- Root cause sound and vibration issues and develop guidelines for countermeasures
- With access to state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, leverage the most innovative tools available to tackle any sound and vibration issue
Training and Process Implementation
Research and Development
- Leverage the government Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) program along with large commercial projects to support internal R&D
- Build on the expertise developed in other industries
- Awarded four federal research grants including a Phase II project to build a commercial software product, Time Frequency Analyzer Core (TFAC), that includes signal processing algorithms specifically tailored for the test environment